Chassis # R12159
Engine # V/540/2159/V
- Recent fourteen-year ownership by an enthusiastic AMOC member
- Wonderfully detailed history file containing MOT and maintenance records from 1983
- Multiple AMOC Concours entries, and appearances in magazines and on television
- Former ownership by a famous film actor who is a connoisseur classic car collector and Aston Martin enthusiast
- Piloted around Silverstone Circuit by Damon Hill with Sir Jackie Stewart for Sky Sports in 2014
- Supplied with a one-year Aston Martin warranty
Aston Martin Works are delighted to offer for sale this lovely and early AMV8 Vantage.
Shortly after its production was completed in July 1979 and it was dispatched from the Newport Pagnell factory, the Vantage was sold and registered by the authorised dealership Reg Vardy on August 1st 1979. The car remains today in its original colour combination of Storm Red paint with a Beige leather interior.
This Vantage has a very detailed history file containing a large quantity of maintenance invoices since 1986 from recognised marque specialists, with Aston Martin Works having known the car since 1995. Also contained is a list of former owners, and it appears the car spent its first few years in the north of England close to where it was supplied new until February 1984, when it was purchased from Reg Vardy of Newcastle by a gentleman in Surrey who brought the car to the south of England where it has remained ever since.
The enthusiastic AMOC member owner took the car on the 1985 AMOC Golden Jubilee tour of Europe which led the participants around France, Switzerland and Germany. You can imagine it roaring around the Alps, hopefully in a less aggressive and more politically correct manner than Rowan Atkinson recently did in the South of France in an identical AMV8 Vantage, as British Secret Agent Johnny English in the 2018 film Johnny English Strikes Again. After three-and-a-half years of enjoya