Chassis # LML/704
Engine # VB6E/50/1282
- One owner from January 1955 to May 2006
- Detailed history file with many expired MOT certificates from 1966 onwards
- Restored in 1988/90 and limited use since
- Acquired from the original owner at auction by Aston Martin Lagonda and displayed at the company's headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire
- Retrimmed by Aston Martin Works in 2018
- Sold with a one-year Aston Martin warranty
Few cars are able to boast having been in single ownership for fifty-one years, but this beautiful and special Aston Martin DB2/4 is able to do so. After spotting the car in the showroom window of HR Owen on Mayfair's Berkeley Street in 1954, the gentleman successfully convinced himself that paying £2,621 for a sportscar was the sensible thing to do when an equivalent sum could purchase him a decent house. The distinctive registration number OXO 13 on the car was part of the appeal, or so he argued to himself.
After leaving the Feltham factory in May 1954 and being registered by HR Owen in August, the DB2/4 was registered to the gentleman in January 1955 and he would continue to use it on an almost daily basis for the next eighteen years. His first year of use would set the pattern for the years to follow, and a few months after collecting it from the Mayfair dealer, he and his new wife set off on their honeymoon for Italy from their home in Farnham, Surrey. Soon living in Cambridgeshire with their growing family, several tours of Europe followed as did trips to the Highlands of Scotland.
In early 1961 the car was taken to the relatively new Aston Martin Lagonda factory at Newport Pagnell for a thorough inspection, when it was found the engine required an overhaul. It is noted that as well as carrying out that important work the factory also repainted the car in a colour known as black pearl.
Over a decade later, after much enjoyment and with about 57,000 miles showing on the odome