Chassis # DB4/168/L
Engine # 370/178
- Delivered new in Paris, France, in October 1959
- A rare factory LHD car that retains its original engine
- Part of an Aston Martin collection between 1985 and 2007 and in another marque collection since
- Reportedly restored by marque specialist Garage Lamy in Paris in 1998
- Interior retrimmed by Aston Martin Works in 2018
- Supplied with a one-year Aston Martin warranty
This beautiful and early Aston Martin DB4 Series I was sold new in Paris, France, in October 1959 after being dispatched by the Newport Pagnell factory to the dealer Societe Mirabeau a short time earlier. The options chosen when new were chrome wire wheels and yellow headlamp bulbs.
Just over twenty-five years later in 1985, the DB4 was acquired by someone in France to form part of their Aston Martin collection consisting of several other DB4's, DB5's and DB6's, as well as a DB2/4 MkIII and a 1951 Lagonda DHC.
After reportedly being restored by the Aston Martin specialist Garage Lamy in Paris in 1998, the colours were changed from its original black paint and beige leather combination, to the metallic blue it wears today and black leather.
The collection was dispersed in 2007 and the car was acquired by its previous owner for their marque collection, and as before, the car saw very little use.
Recently patriated to the UK, Aston Martin Works retrimmed the interior in beige leather in 2018 and the cars original engine has been rebuilt.
This early DB4 is in very good condition and benefits from a new interior and freshly rebuilt engine. All it needs now is an enthusiastic owner to enjoy it.