Chassis # DB4/C/1061/R
Engine # 370/948
- Delivered new in July 1962 to a lady in Yorkshire, England, and registered as WO 1
- Retained by the lady owner for thirty-two years, until 1994
- Benefitting from a 4.0 engine upgrade, hydraulic power steering, seat headrests, and other desirable modifications
- One of only 30 Series IV Convertible cars manufactured
- Supplied with a copy of its original build sheet and a one-year UK warranty
Originally sold in July 1962 to a lady in Thackley, West Yorkshire, the car was finished in Tudor Grey with Red Connolly hide trim and equipped with upgraded C18 horns, overdrive, and a gear lever cranked towards the driver. Being offered for sale at auction after 32 years of ownership, the AMOC register (published 2000) records 1061/R as being owned by a gentleman in 1998.
Now finished in Silver Sand with Burgundy leather trim, this fantastic example has had a variety of upgrades sympathetically incorporated such as increasing the engine capacity to 4.0 litres, converting the cylinder head to accept unleaded fuel, and fitting a modified DB6 MK2 adwest power assisted steering rack.
With the exception of the Zagato, the DB4 Convertible is the rarest Aston Martin road car of the David Brown era with a total of 70 built, and one of only 30 Series IV convertibles. With details of its past and improvements made for its present, 1061/R is a rare and exciting opportunity for its next custodian.