Chassis # R15733
- One of only 27 Prince of Wales specification Volantes built, of which 22 had RHD steering
- Only four owners and less than 15,000 miles from new, and in excellent condition
- Recent mechanical recommissioning and new fabric roof by Aston Martin Works
- One of the most desirable models of the AMV8 range in a wonderful and original colour combination
- Supplied with a one-year Aston Martin warranty
When the Vantage version of the Aston Martin AMV8 Volante arrived in 1986, the body gained dramatically flared wheel arches, sill extensions, and an integrated spoiler in the boot lid. The aggressive styling was not everyone's liking, and one particular client wished for something far more restrained. On his car, His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales requested the Vantage engine but with the standard V8 body styling, save for a few custom alterations. The end result was arguably one of V8 perfection, with slightly flared wheel arches, a subtle front chin spoiler, 16" Ronal Vantage wheels, V8 Saloon mesh grille, bumper over-riders, later specification door mirrors, and no boot lid spoiler. There were some changes to the interior too with an armrest, console trinket box, Nardi steering wheel and gear knob, and sunken console switches. A few other Aston Martin clients wished for a similar specification so the factory agreed to build a limited number of cars to "Prince of Wales" specification, but confusingly, no two PoW specification cars (as Prince of Wales cars are sometimes referred) are the same as each one of the 27 built (22 had RHD steering) was to the chosen specification of the purchaser.
This unusually but wonderfully coloured PoW is still finished in its original colour combination of Rolls-Royce Graphite Grey paint with burgundy Connolly leather interior. The car was specified to PoW specification in June 1988 by its connoisseur purchaser and in addition to the PoW modifications, the car was also specif