Chassis # R70265
- Manufactured in 2000, this car is number 37 of just 40 Le Mans Vantages built, the final and ultimate Vantage model produced
- One of only 18 cars manufactured with RHD steering (three were subsequently converted to LHD prior to delivery)
- One of thirty Le Mans cars converted when new by Works to V600 specification, and a rare example to have most / all options such as the sports exhaust, hollow magnesium wheels, and gearbox / axle conversion
- This is the only Le Mans V600 finished in Bowland Black
- Sold new by JCT 600 of Leeds, the first owner retained the car until 2012
- Aston Martin Works have more recently carried out a significant amount of work on the car including retrimming the interior in magnolia with black piping (from the original tan with black piping), and carrying out an engine overhaul
- Supplied with a one-year UK warranty
The V8 Vantage Le Mans was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 1999, to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Aston Martin victory at the 1959 Le Mans 24 hour race, and was available with both the standard 550 bhp or the Works upgraded 600 bhp version of the twin-supercharged V8.
At a glance the Le Mans appeared to be outwardly similar to the previous Vantage, which at the time was the fastest Aston Martin ever, however, upon closer inspection the Le Mans could be distinguished by a number of unique features – modified front wing side vents, a ‘nostril’ front grille, vented bonnet, improved high-downforce air dam, as well as five-spoke magnesium alloy.
Aston Martin Works Heritage are delighted to offer for sale this truly exceptional and rare V8 Vantage, not only in the ultimate and final Le Mans specification, but also with the ultimate V600 engine and mechanical modifications.
The large history file for this Vantage Le Mans documents the ordering process with letters on file from the supplying dealer of JCT600 in Leeds to the o