Chassis # DB6/3538/R
Engine # 400/3736
- Sold new in April 1969 by the dealer HR Owen to a gentleman in London, W5
- Returned to its original colour combination of Silver Birch at Aston Martin Works in 2018 with a black interior, and retaining its original licence plate
- Options chosen when new included power steering, chrome wire wheels, heated rear window, and headlights suitable for use in France.
- Significant works carried out by Aston Martin Works during 2018 included overhauling the original engine and the power steering rack.
- Supplied with a copy of its original build sheet and a one-year UK warranty
We are delighted to be able to offer for sale this authentic matching numbers right hand drive Aston Martin DB6 Saloon which was prepared to French specification, which made this example perfect for continental touring. The car has since been converted to British specification in order for it to be registered within the UK.
This example was registered in 1969 to its first of two keepers, the former Vice President of Columbia Pictures and the personal financial consultant to Ian Fleming, Kenneth Maidment (CBE). The car then changed ownership in 1975, to which the owner repainted the car from its original colour of Silver Birch to Pacific Blue but the interior trim is still that of the original. Since then the car has been returned to Works and has been beautifully repainted to its original colour of Silver Birch.
Undoubtedly this DB6 Saloon is a great car to look at and with a recent £15,000 recommissioning carried out by Aston Martin Works, it drives superbly as well.
Announced at the London Motor 1965, the DB6 was produced until it was superseded by the DB6 MK2 in July 1969. Recognisably descending from the DB4 styled by Carrozzeria Touring, the updated design continues the cowel headlight design from the DB4 Series V but introduced dramatic styling updates especially at the rear with the Kamm tail spoiler. This sculpted shape of the boot panel not only represented a distinctive design cue, it also improved high speed stability as well as increasing the boot capacity and rear headroom.