Chassis # 15105
- Attractively finished in its original colour combination of Windsor red with magnolia leather piped in burgundy
- A generous history file accompanies the car to support the low odometer reading of just 47,500 miles
- Only six recorded owners from new and most recently part of a collection for twenty-four years, during which just 3,800 miles were covered
- Maintained by Works Service and a well-known specialist for the majority of the cars life
- Aston Martin Works recently fitted a new roof and carried out an interior refresh
Chassis 15105 was dispatched from the Aston Martin factory at Newport Pagnell in July 1979, and was first registered a few weeks later on August 1st 1979 when it was delivered by the authorised dealership Reg Vardy to its first owner who resided in Hale, Cheshire. The car remains in its original and attractive colour combination of Windsor red with magnolia leather piped in burgundy.
In February 1985 SBR 99V was sold by the Aston Martin Specialist RS Williams Limited to a gentleman in Kensington, London, and the copy of the sales invoice on file states the recorded mileage as being just under 24,000 miles.
The car seemingly enjoyed regular use and copies of maintenance invoices and MOT certificates on file show the car was meticulously maintained during this time by RS Williams's Surrey workshop, as well as the fitting of later type door mirrors in February 1987 at 32,800 miles and a Vantage steering wheel a few months later.
The fifth owner of this splendid motor car acquired it in May 1989 when the odometer recorded around 40,000 miles, based upon the January 1989 MOT certificate recording 39,673 miles.
After three years of sharing garage space with some exceptional historic racing cars, the Volante was acquired in September 1992 by a gentleman who lived close to Bakewell in Derbyshire. Shortly after his purchase, the car returned to Newport Pagnell in March 199